Spicy BBQ Kale Chips



Here is a new recipe that I tried for when I have the munchies.  My darling mother-in-law and friend, Linda Barnes,  introduced  got me addicted to this.  Instead of dipping into a bag of potato chips, I'll dip into my bag of BBQ Kale Chips.  I got the recipe from a YouTube video made by Russell James.  He is my favorite raw vegan chef!  Be sure to visit his website and check out some of his E-books, and his Raw Chef DVD course.

It is delicious!  When dehydrating them, I couldn't stop nibbling on a few each time that I checked them.  The boys love it, and kept thanking me for making them.  Give it a try!  Below is the recipe.


Spicy BBQ Kale Chips


1 head organic kale, torn
2 chipotle chilies, soaked (actually smoked Jalapeno’s)
1/2 cup soaking water from chipotle chilis
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons nama shoyu/tamari
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch cayenne
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup soft dates

Directions:

- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Thoroughly combine the kale a sauce in a bowl until all the kale is coated.
- Evenly scatter the kale on a non-stick dehydrator sheet in a way that will allow the air to circulate around it.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees F for around 10 hours. (Can leave overnight or ever 24 hours for really crisp chips) Remove from the non-stick sheet, transferring to a mesh sheet and continue dehydrating until the kale is completely dried out.  

 Enjoy!




Comments