Putting The Fun In Salad!
When I prepare salads and food in general, I like to jazz it up and make it pretty or exciting to eat. I guess it's the artsy side of me. Here is a Vegetarian Southwestern Salad that I fixed the fam' for lunch. Will jot down the ingredients I used.
Vegetarian Southwestern Salad
* 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 cup of frozen corn, thawed
* 1 large tomato, chopped (or sliced grape tomatoes)
* Carrots, washed and peeled, skin included
* Lettuce, romaine and red leaf, washed and torn
* Spinach, washed, rolled and sliced
* Jalapeno pepper
* Taco Sauce mixed with a few drops of hot sauce
* corn chips
In a large salad bowl, toss together the romaine, red leaf, spinach, and peeled carrots. When serving, top with corn, black beans, and tomatoes. Top with a slice of jalapeno. I also dice jalapeno peppers to add into my salad for a bit of extra spice. Lightly crumble a few corn chips in your hand and sprinkle onto your salad. Instead of salad dressing, I enjoy taco sauce mixed with a few drops of hot sauce.