Simple Pleasures


Delicious salad and good reads!

Photo above: Eating a strawberry salad in bed while enjoying Forest Therapy books gifted to me by my darling sons. (See Shinrinyoku and Why Forest Bathing is Good For Your Health. Forest Bathing is an exercise that Physiologically and Psychologically take in the forest atmosphere.)

--------------------------------------------------------

As many of my friends know, I absolutely "LOVE" salad.  Being the salad enthusiast, it makes my day to walk outside to my little garden and get fresh ingredients. While doing this, I have the opportunity of seeing beautiful birds and other precious little critters that drop by to visit


I was thrilled to see an adorable hummingbird while watering my veggies! After spending some time with the roses, she flew towards me and stared for a while as if to say, "Hello Hoo-man!". I was too awestruck and didn't want to scare her, so I didn't take a closeup photo of her while directly in front of me. We just continued looking at each other. The moment was precious, and it felt like time stood still. Her humming was music to my ears. As she flew back to the rose bush, I clicked away with the camera!

Below are photos of other simple pleasures that I have enjoyed. It reminds me of a song by India Aire when she said, "It's the little things, and the joy they bring!"


Roses gifted to me by a student, and a bird house along with greeting cards from a dear friend.








Eastern Pondhawk




 







 

 

Our sons are all grown up (one married), so my husband and I decided to move to a smaller home fit for the two of us. We are now trying our hands at hydroponic gardening. I'll show photos soon!

 

Sending lots of love. ♥


Comments