Staying Busy!


My son, Josiah, helping me with a booth at The Augusta Mini Theater Fundraiser.

Between family responsibilities, working full-time, and keeping up with my studies.....I have not been able to blog lately.  I will say, however, that a lot of exciting things have been happening!  My son and I worked a booth at the Augusta Mini Theater FUNdraiser representing my studio for piano lessons (Suzuki method), and the piano store where I work, Turner's Keyboards.  My sons were a tremendous help with all of the prep work involved in getting ready for this event.  Below are bookmarks that we worked on with info about my studio on the back.  We pre-cut the parts to be used so that the children would be able to quickly put it together.  I included glass beads with each letter of the musical alphabets (7) to be used for keyboard identification.  Now, the bookmarks have a double use.

 

Next month, one of my students (Mariah) and I will be attending the University of Louisville Suzuki Piano Institute.  We're looking forward to it!  More info posted about that soon on my studio blog!

Mariah Practicing
I have students coming within the next hour, so had better bring this post to a close.....but before doing that, I want to share an awesome piano that came in at Turner's.  It is Butterfly Grand and such a beauty!

Built by the famous Rudolph Wurlitzer Piano & Organ Company in about 1938. This piano has 73 notes rather than 88 notes, but is otherwise a normal, conventional piano in every way. Wurlitzer built only a limited number of these little pianos during the '30s and '40s era. They were designed for smaller homes and apartments of the era, making them ideal for people with limited space for a baby grand. Sadly, there are very few of these little pianos left in existence today. They are very rare and desirable among collectors and musicians alike.
Isn't it amazing?!  There is never a dull moment where I work! *giggles*  It's a good thing I'm not the store owner.  I would have a hard time letting go of the pianos.


Comments